"KINGS OF THE JAMES"
Any rules violation may result in automatic disqualification.
Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament. Conduct deemed disorderly by the Tournament Director may result in immediate disqualification.
All Federal, State, and local laws/ordinances will be observed.
Entry Fee 2020 = $250 (includes big fish pot) (Updated)
Registration is not complete until complete payment has been received.
The last chance to register for the tournament will be at the Captains’ Meeting on Friday, November 20th. Only Cash will be accepted at the Captains’ Meeting registration.
Captains’ Meeting will be held via FACEBOOK LIVE. Meeting attendance is Mandatory for at least one member of each team. However, meeting attendance by all anglers is highly encouraged, as attendance is required for door prizes and other opportunities.
The main launch and weigh station will be Osborne Landing - 9530 Osborne Turnpike, Richmond, VA 23231. We fully expect to utilize multiple ramps as with the 2019 tournament.
1. Safety is the number one priority! Life vests must be worn at take-off and all vessels must be USCG compliant.
2. Teams will receive a tournament check-in card that will be used to annotate required check-point compliance. Loss of this card may result in disqualification.
4. Tournament Fishing Hours: 6:00 am - 3:00 pm. All participants must be in line at the weigh-in check-points by 3:30 pm (Check-point locations for trailered boats will be announced).
5. Bait fishing prior to and after tournament fishing hours is allowed, but no fishing for catfish allowed between 6:00 pm on November 20th - 6:00 am on November 21st.
7. A limit of three (3) anglers is allowed per boat. One additional non-fishing guest may accompany the team but shall not participate in tournament related activities, such as catching fish for weighing in, or special category fishing. Only three individuals are allowed to represent the team on stage during weigh-ins.
8. All tournament boats must maintain a distance of 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting. No fishing from outside of the boat (bank fishing), no buddy fishing.
9. Fish can only be caught by Rod and Reel method. No snagging/foul hooked fish allowed.
10. No chumming or fishing intentionally baited holes.
11. All anglers must remain on the vessel the entire length of the tournament, medical and bathroom emergencies excepted. Non-Medical emergencies will be reviewed by the tournament committee for disqualification.
12. A maximum of 2 fish per boat will be weighed in for inclusion in total weights. Weighing a dead fish will result in disqualification. No more than 2 catfish are allowed in the boat at any given time, with exception to special category fish (i.e. Youth Big Fish, Veteran Big Fish, Female Big Fish); no culling of fish at weigh-in is allowed.
13. This is a catch and release tournament. All boats must have functional live-wells and proper supplies/equipment to sustain the health of two large catfish (plus additional special category fish if applicable). All fish must be released and swim away. Fish that do not swim away on their own will be considered dead and subject to rule 12 disqualification.
14. Ties will be decided by the tournament committee.
15. Any protests must be made before the Awards Ceremony begins. The Tournament Director will not accept any protests thereafter.
16. All anglers are subject to a polygraph/lie detector test. No alcoholic beverages or controlled substances are allowed until after polygraph tests have been concluded each day or after deemed acceptable by the Tournament Director.
17. Upon entry into the tournament, all participants are placed under the Waiver/Release for “The Kings of The James,” et al. (Read/Sign Waiver/Release)
WAIVER/RELEASE FOR KINGS OF THE JAMES 2020:
I have read the accompanying event information and understand the policies of the event. I know that fishing on a river is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter unless I am medically able and properly trained. I certify that I and my partner(s) will operate our vessel and towing vehicle according to law, regulation, and safe practices. I also agree that in the event of dangerous weather or conditions, the tournament director, under advisement of proper authorities, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, delay, and/or reschedule tournament events. In the event of such cancellation, suspension, delay, or rescheduling of tournament events, no claim shall be made against the tournament director, SCENE6, LLC, tournament staff or volunteers, Henrico County, sponsors, and tournament affiliates. I assume all risks associated with my voluntary participation in this event, including but not limited to, property loss and damage, falls and potential drowning, the effects of the weather, including extreme temperatures, boat traffic and all conditions on the river, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Knowing these facts, and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, or anyone else who might claim on my behalf, covenant not to sue and WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR AND STAFF, SCENES6, LLC, DBA THE JAMES RIVER KINGS, the CITY OF RICHMOND, HENRICO COUNTY, AND SURROUNDING MUNICIPALITIES, all sponsors, tournament officials, workers or volunteers, their representatives, successors or assigns for ANY AND ALL claims or liability, whether foreseen or unforeseen, for death, illness, personal injury or property damage arising out of, or in the course of my participation in this event.
I further grant full permission to the above mentioned sponsors, organizers and or agents authorized by them, to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings or other record of the event for any reasonable purpose.
I acknowledge and agree that Tournament Officials reserve the right to modify tournament rules, times, and check-in locations at their discretion in order to maintain the fidelity of the event.
All participants will launch from designated launch sites. These include Osborne Landing, Hopewell Marina, and Jordan Point Marina. Additional launch sites will be announced by the Tournament Director. Fishing boundaries will be announced by the Tournament Director.
Visit http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/licenses/ For Virginia Fishing License